Monday, August 09, 2010

bookshelf bliss

Sometimes bigger isn't better. While I adore my massive bookshelf with the ladder, this wee number also holds a place in my heart. My step-father built it for me years ago, and with a coat of paint it fits in beautifully in the study. The pigeon holes are the perfect size for books and also a few knicknacks such as my pretty violette cups - probably totally deserving a close-up of their own.

Now, I know you're keen to check out my desk, but as I don't have a blind and I'm relying on my iPhone for pics it's hard to get a good shot as the desk has a massive window behind it. Perhaps if I shot it at night? I'll try and see what I can come up with.

Anticipation makes everything better don't you think?

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Those cups are definitely worth a close up.So too those gorgeous old books. I love old books grouped together like that. Yummy! And i LOVE the smell of old books too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for one exactly like that for Mr3's room - does he make to order?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x