Wednesday, August 25, 2010

totally camp*

How is it that one day you're pregnant and the next your baby is heading off on a three day school camping trip? Huh! Monday morning at 7.30am my gal's going to board a bus with her classmates and set off to a school camp on an island in the Hawkesbury River. How fabulous! She's beside-herself-excited and has the list of must-pack items read and re-read 95 times. She's also said things like, "ooh, I'll be having breakfast on Milson Island at this time next week..." bless her socks.

She's had overnight sleepovers - she's had multiple night sleepovers at her grandparents - but this? Wow. I'm thrilled she's getting the adventure, but I can't say I won't be biting my nails while she's gone. What an adventure - let's hope there's lashings and lashings of ginger beer!

* now THIS is officially my 1500 post. Yay me!

6 comments:

  1. Yay you indeed! I love that picture! I want to be in one of those beds reading a story to my kids.

    I hope your daughter loves the school camp. As a lover of all things camping I can only imagine it will be the beginning of a beautiful relationship with the bush. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your gal with love camp and I'm sure you will be fine too.

    A HUGE congrats on 1500. I've only read a few hundred but feel a little skip of happiness when I see an update in my Google Reader from Pink Patent Mary Janes. Keep it up :-)
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1,500 - that's simply amazing. Think of all the wonders you've recorded right here.

    This picture makes me yearn for simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Milson Island on a school camp in Grade 6. It was fabulous! The place used to be an asylum back in the day, so it feels spooky, but not scary! She will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean, they grow up sooo fast. I havent been through the school camp yet but you know that they will be fine even if we arent! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this photo. Me and my daughter made a tent out of dining chairs and a blanket today. I think I was just as excited as she was!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x