Thursday, February 19, 2009

sticky situation

Cooking shows are my drug.  I devour them like I used to consume cookbooks. But these days, I'm just seeking inspiration - or good tips. These days I always place a folded tea towel under my bowl when I'm mixing to keep it in place (thanks Bill). I roll my lemons and limes under my hand on the bench to get them all juicy (Bill again?). I also place a layer of baking paper over the top layer of any dish I'm slow cooking before I put the lid on to keep it nice and moist (that English woman, with the long hair, and no bra... what's her name?). Also, because I was vegetarian for 20 years, there's a few basics I've missed, which is why I was delighted to hear the other night that meat only sticks to a cooking surface if it's not ready (pretty sure Gordon told me that). If you leave it, untouched, till it's caramel brown, it won't stick. So true! Even in just my stainless steel frypan, with no non-stick surface, meat, if left to brown, will then come away with ease (leaving just an incy bit on the bottom to deglaze).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x