Thursday, February 12, 2009

feeling crafty

On my way to buy coffee beans at a far-flung suburb this morning, I wandered past an op-shop. Now, as you know, I believe it's a sin to actually walk past an op-shop, so in I sauntered. First thing I spied was a pale, dusky pink handbag that I coveted last winter, but when I went back to buy it, alas, they were sold out. Today, however, that little beauty was sitting on a shelf - for $4, rather than the $80-odd retail. Hello, did somebody say bargain?

It's a cute little thing, with a pretty pale pink leather flower on one side, but the little button in the middle of the rose has fallen off - which is why I guess the previous owner abandoned it so. However, I'm looking at this as an opportunity to get crafty. I'm going to Spotlight to buy some raspberry felt and I'm going to make a little button to place in the middle. But that's not all. I thought I'd make two more flowers, to take the floral layer count to four, which shall bring the whole look together. 

I'll take some before and after shots so you can marvel at my Martha-esque craft skills (or not, as may be the case...) C'mon, how hard can it be?

1 comment:

  1. I cannot WAIT to see the pics from this! I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x