Sunday, February 15, 2009

pretty in pink

Today was super-chilly, grey and rainy - so I had to nix the bbq lunch I'd planned. Instead, I cooked up Beef Bourginon, cubes of potatoes cooked in duck fat, baguettes - and caramelised radish. YUM.

I was watching French Food at Home yesterday when this bowl of deliciousness hit the screen and their pretty pink glazed glow dazzled me. Here's what you do:
Trim most of the green top, leaving around 1cm, and a little off the bottom root. Slice into quarters lengthwise and place in a frypan. Just cover with water, pop in the equivalent of two cubes of sugar and a tablespoon of butter and bring to the boil. Simmer for around 10 - 15 minutes, or until the sauce reduces to a pink caramelised glaze and the radishes take on a glossy pink hue. Serve to your gobsmacked guests...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x