Monday, February 16, 2009

rainy days and mondays

It's been raining for nearly a week now and I've been biting my tongue about it for a few days {you know, aside from saying "I can't complain about the rain" which really means, "Man, I'd love to complain about the rain"}. This morning there was an incy blue patch of sky which excited me enough to rip the sheets from my bed, but it's gone now, replaced with deep charcoal clouds pregnant with more rain. 

Now, I'm not complaining, but I'd really, really, really like to wash my sheets. My lovely new white egyptian cotton sheets, which, of course, can't go in the dryer. I think I'll have to tempt fate and wash them - I can always fling a line up down the hall - or across the living room. Sigh. Visions of summer sheets flapping in the breeze, casting delicate shadows across my increasingly verdant lawn {is there such a shade as Shocking Green? Cos I think my grass has invented it} are dissipating fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x