Wednesday, February 04, 2009

hair scare

Driving along in the car the other day my ears were delighted to hear a favourite tune from a band that holds a special place in my heart - Pavement. These indy rockers were the soundtrack to a particularly lovely stage in my life, hence my continuing adoration. In this song Steve Malkmus's quirky vocals implored "Darling don't you go and cut your hair..." and you know what I did this morning? Ignored him. Yep, how's this for a segueway... We painted the pavilion at the end of the pool on the weekend and I ended up with a substantial amount of white paint in my long, black curly hair. A couple of washes haven't budged it, so this morning, I washed it again, then hacked away with the scissors. Oops.

Obviously the good thing about long, curly hair is that you don't have to be precise when you cut it. It's curly, it's kooky, it'll adapt. However, I'm not sure how well my hair will respond when it's dry after having a couple of inches cut from random sections. Hopefully okay.

Oh, and I still have some paint in my hair, but I'm hoping to pass that off as a statement - or just dye over the top of it...

And yes, next time I paint I will wear a cap - and attempt to not doong my head on the freshly painted beams quite so often.

2 comments:

  1. Get a bristle-y brush- like coarse bristles- one we would NEVER use on our curls, get this product called "Goo be Gone", or get some plain citrus oil, put it on the offending paint spots and brush HARD. That should eliminate most of the left over paint crud.

    I imagine you can get nutmeg pod/seed things at your local market, if you hunt hard enough. They look like miniature coconuts- they aren't bigger than your thumb though and don't have the hair coconuts have all over them. You can also order them from places like penzeys.com. I know because I am never going without them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, you're a genius - thanks. i have orange oil and a bristle brush (to use on my MUCH shorter hair)

    And I'll be looking out for those nutmeg pods - and asking at my local green grocers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x