Monday, February 23, 2009

in the pink

There's nothing better than starting the day with an image to inspire - so check out this pile of peonies. Oh my. It's from a peony farm in the UK - I think I'd die from bliss overload walking through a place filled with such perfection.

I just glanced at my front garden and my roses are doing magnificently after their summer prune. They're covered in abundant red new growth, with some flowers here and there. Hopefully, in a week or two, we'll be rewarded with blossom upon blossom, and then it's time to get the winter flowers in. I'm thinking plenty of pale pansies. Their pretty faces never fail to cheer me up.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh, I nearly died of delight when I saw this picture. I wish I still had peonies like I did at the old house. I loved my big peony bouquets gently entrancing the house with their fragrance. I am so jealous. It is tulip season here though so we've had great bouquets of pretty tulips here these last two weeks. last week we had pink and red ones. This week we've got bright orange, coal pink, and yellow ones. They are very happy making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulips always make me smile too - I love their varied life... closed and upright to start and blowsy and fallen by the end...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x