Wednesday, February 25, 2009

having a ball

I'm coaching my daughter's netball team this year, something I put off for quite a few years (as I didn't want to be one of those mothers) but now I'm glad I am. We had grading yesterday which was the first time the girls had got together and played as a team, and bless their little socks - they did so well. I'm looking forward to helping them love the sport and grow as players. 

Team sports are fabulous for girls in particular, and they're even more important during adolescence and the early teen years. I wrote an article on this last year and research revealed that girls who are involved in team sports have higher self-esteem and a better body image than girls who don't. Every little bit counts when it comes to raising happy, healthy kids - so if my enthusiasm can help them develop more confidence, I've got to be happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x