Tuesday, February 17, 2009

reasons to be cheerful: part 1

I needed to get away from my desk for a bit, so I went to the Salvos to drop off a couple of bags of stuff gleaned from our daughter cleaning her room on the weekend. Then I shopped.

As you know, we bought a new BBQ. It's all shiny and new and ready to go, but I'm not really au fait with the art of barbequing. So hello happiness when I found The Barbeque Cookbook on a shelf with a $1.50 price tag: bargain-a-licious! Skipping on over to the glassware shelves I find a set of six cocktail glasses, lead crystal ones mind, in their original pink and white box - for $4! Next I discover that all the clothing is now colour-coordinated, so I check out pink, black and then, hello green. The prettiest green wrap dress with white polka dots is just hanging there in my size, begging to be taken home.

I obliged.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooooohhhhhhh! I love the sound of your dress! When I was maternity "window shopping" this weekend I found two dresses- both under $30 a piece at a maternity store- both are begging to be taken home next week with me! I found those heart candle holders on my valentine's day table on clearance for $1 and the tulips? Those were Eva's valentine and they were on sale for $4. I'm trying to be thrifty with my baby purchases this time around (as a new mom with Eva, I wasn't and learned the hard way) but it seems that there is NOTHING available for my baby purchases at the price points I desire, no matter how hard I scour stores. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me tell you how rejected you feel when your own blog doesn't let you comment! I had a lovely long reply to you yesterday, and it's not here! Damn. As you've found those dresses, and so cheap too, I say grab them. Lovely maternity dresses are very, very hard to come by.
    I'm sure you'll find some baby stuff in time - it's out there, but probably in some unusual arena.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x