Saturday, October 04, 2008

yum on a stick

I had a friend to dinner last night, and while I had the second lot of summer puddings chilling in the fridge, I just couldn't work out what to do for a main. Then I had a thought - spanish chicken kebabs. I chopped up some skinless chicken breasts and marinated them in the juice and zest of half a huge lemon, a cup of white wine (sauvignon blanc), masses of chopped garlic and black pepper. I popped it in the fridge for an hour and then threaded it onto sticks in between big chunks of chorizo. I browned each side, then put the lid down to let them steam and they were delish. I also sauteed up some chunks of red capsicum and slices of orange sweet potato and served it all with a platter of salad leaves, roasted beetroot, goat cheese feta and hazelnuts.

They were scrummy. I'm going to cook them again.

3 comments:

  1. Tonight I made lasagna with a sundried tomato sauce and an asparagus/smoked mozarella filling. It was orgasmic. Then for dessert we had black cherry ice cream with dark chocolate hot fudge. No wonder why I feel large lately- eating like that!

    The chicken kebobs sound delish! May have to try that sometime soon! That is, after I get out my cravings for lamb- THANKS A LOT! Tee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lasagna sounds deslish - and the black cherry icecream... wow. I think I'm doing lamb again tonight - just not sure in what guise. Thinking cap engaged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making a pork roast and roasted potatoes in a honey/mustard/balsamic/orange/rosemary sauce. I threw them all in the slow cooker because I am overwhelmed with crap to do today and didn't want to have to think about it. Hope it's delish. Ugh, I need a vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x