Friday, October 31, 2008

enough already

The poor retouchers at Parade must have been twiddling their thumbs when this cover came through. I know I hark on about it regularly, but Nicole - step away from the surgeon... The woman's my age, yet has skin like my daughter's and, strangely, looks like a hyper-lifted seventy-something. 

All the hype for the movie Australia can keep on twittering on, I can't think of a sum high enough that they'd have to pay me to see Nicole attempting to wring an expression from that frozen face of hers. 

It's a question I ask of all surgery addicts - can't they see themselves? Do they actually look in the mirror and walk away pleased? Why doesn't someone say something to them? And what are they going to look like at 60? 

3 comments:

  1. Blegh. I was drinking a lovely white Russian too when I glanced upon that picture and it immediately went sour in my mouth. She's just so odd and gross now. Did you see her Vogue cover- she looked maniacal. I used to think she was lovely but something cryogenic happened to her in the last 6 yeas that just disgusts me. I will end up being forced to see Australia- because my husband LOVES Baz Lurhman. Kill me now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - I used to think she was utterly stunning - with those gorgeous red curls and a unique face. Now?

    I'm also a fan of Baz's, but can't bear how hypocritcal he is using Nicole after stating he loathes botox!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry but the woman cannot act.
    I am hypnotized by her lips! I have thin lips like Nic's (before the filler) and when I see them now - Ooooooooooooo.
    Have you noticed her eyes squint too.
    As for Baz - what a balloon of hot air he is!
    Sara - I am sorry to read you have to see "Australia" - make sure that husband of yours buys you a choc top!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x