Friday, October 31, 2008

boo!

Happy Halloween! Here are the spooky cupcakes I'm taking to the Halloween party tonight. I felt very Martha making them. The icing's a simple icing sugar, vanilla extract and warm water mix which is so glossy and pretty. I stuck the little ghosts' eyes (little bits of licorice) on with a dollop of icing and am very impressed. The spiderwebs were black icing, drawn on with a wooden skewer - while the spider were created from licorice too. 

While I adore the spookiness and kookiness of halloween it's also a time to remember our dead. So I'm going to spend the next five minutes thinking about those I've loved and lost - and will raise a glass to them later tonight. 

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh I'll upload photos of my goodies that I make later! Whee! Halloween! Your's look divine though- I am so jealous! If only we were neighbors so that we could SHARE treats such as these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda - they look spooky and cooky like a good Halloween cupcake should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it,
    you could be a great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog and will come
    back someday. I want to encourage you continue your great posts, have a nice morning!


    My web blog; zadavator.spbal.ru

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x