Sunday, October 05, 2008

could do better...

While I generally feel I do most things to the best of my ability there are a few things I'm absolutely crap at - and am working on.
1. I make a shocking cup of tea. I love drinking the stuff, but my impatience always impels me to remove the tea bag or pour the pot before the tea's drawn properly. Or if I force myself to walk away I'll forget and come back to a tepid, over-stewed mess.
2. I am really, really, really bad at confrontation. I could be served a cold meal, garnished with dead flies, and I'd be lucky to put in more than an inspid, "Excuse me, I'm terribly sorry, but..." Yep, do me wrong and chances are you'll never know it, cos I won't be mentioning it. I'm really working on this one though. Truly. I'm trying to get in early, lower my voice an octave, and not being apologetic for taking offence when half the time that was probably what was meant. Starting now, I'm speaking up. Truly.

5 comments:

  1. Pardon my French, but I finally ad to get over the idea that confrontation was just being bitchy. I finally realized that standing up for myself or saying what was right or being honest isn't mean or bitchy, it may be shocking sometimes but it saves a lot of grief in the long run. Try this every time you feel hesitant about speaking your mind, run this thought through your brain- "Will it help me or hurt me to not speak up? Will I regret it later?" Usually that makes it easier to square your shoulders and sound off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! Oh, and all my memory on my computer (well, the bit where I type in a letter and it give me my fave sites) had vamooshed. What's the address of chatterbox Sara again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://chatterboxsara-and-injunjim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another that is not good at confrontation ( Its a girl thing for sure) and I am hopless at math!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I cannot abide confrontation and will do almost anything to avoid it. Am also a shocker at maths, but married a math genius (smart thinking there!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x