Tuesday, October 28, 2008

accentuate the positive

When I'm in a grump there are normally a couple of things I can do to send my mood spiralling in an upwards manner.
* paint my nails - instantly uplifting
* step outside and pay attention to what nature's offering up today
* make a perfect cup of tea (so rare in my case that I do tend to applaud myself when I achieve it)
* sit back, close my eyes and let my memory revisit long-lost loves: my grandfather, nana and even a fondly-remembered pet or two
* plan a new eye-make-up scheme
* make one area of my home gleam with gorgeousness
* plot a dinner party and send out an invitation
* smear on some red lippy
* pop a flower in my hair - or in a teensy vase or tea cup on my desk
* dare to dream that if I wish hard enough, I'll be back in Paris again...

7 comments:

  1. Instant uplift for me:
    -Fresh brewed espresso
    -Buzzing silently about my house working on this or that in total silence.
    -Cuddles from my kid, my hubby, my pets.
    -Dunking donuts into my espresso.
    -Painting my toenails.
    -Decorating for the holidays
    -Planning menus
    -Writing recipes for my someday will be published cookbook
    -Reading my piles of magazines lying about
    -Naps
    -Autumn
    -Flowers

    Tres original, I know but it does the trick. There are other tings too, but thats just some of the things that would tickle my fancy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to tick all of those too (except the donut thing - I've never tried it - perhaps I should...) It's funny, but I get a whole different kick from painting finger or toes. Fingers help inspire me to write - I love looking at pretty coloured fingers hitting the keyboard - while toes are a sporadic surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the Paris thing!
    I start to think where I would live there if I won a HUGE lotto win!
    Very distracting and yet, uplifting!
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know what ladies, we three girls love Paris more than anything, we should daydream about the three of us meeting there and having a girls only vacation! Wouldnt that be fabu?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, you're on. Let's start in the Marais, at this gorgeous little bar Le Petit Fer a Cheval sipping Kir Royales and nibbling on the plat du jour...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are we making a much needed pit stop at Lauduree? Are we also touring Coco Chanel's apartment? Ooooh I think I need a whole new wardrobe for our dream trip to Paris. Christian Lacroix, do I still have your number?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x