Sunday, October 05, 2008

fishy business

I've just been for a trip to my local fishmongers which was quite amazing. The last time I visited was well over a year ago, and I wasn't too inspired by what was on display, but today I was spoiled for choice. I've bought some plump white snapper fillets and scallops for the bbq - but I was sorely tempted by the garfish on display - they're such kooky looking fish. Shall I do a fresh fennel and chilli salad to go on the side? Sounds about right doesn't it? I'm simply going to pop the seasoned seafood on the bbq grill - maybe with a little lime zest and black pepper dressing the scallops. I can feel myself just getting smarter thinking about all this brain food!

2 comments:

  1. I just went out for sushi with a dear friend the other day and had the most amazing dish- marinated, grilled baby octupi. It was such an impulse order but it was truly fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy. there were teensy octupi there, but they'd been frozen, so looked even more alien-like!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x