Thursday, October 16, 2008

but i didn't inhale

If I were a celebrity I'd use up my 15 minutes pretty quickly. See, the thing is, I'm honest - about myself that is. Seriously, ask me a question and I'll answer it truthfully, even if I'm internally smacking myself in the forehead moments after the words have left my mouth. I'd be like Eva Longoria when she first tasted fame - a girl who gave out waaaaay too much information.

Which is why I'm in two minds about this whole admitting to plastic surgery thing. Obviously there are some gals out there who've had some work, damn fine work, to look the way they do (Demi, Sophia Loren, Susan Sarandon...) and they just smile through their perfect faces and allow us all to speculate. Others have bad work done and lie about it (Nicole Kidman, I'm talking to you and your plasma screen forehead - thanks for that one Sharon Osborne!) Others take the half road - such as Courteney Cox-Arquette who in an interview this month admitted to 'trying' botox. Um, have you seen her lately? Cos I reckon she's done more than just 'try' it. It's all or nothing with confessions - you're either Joan Rivers or Joan Collins (and secretly, because of her stint in Dynasty, I reckon I'm more of a Joan Collins bless her cashmere socks...)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sick of celeb media/paparazzi bullshit. I'm almost to the point that I would rather be in the dark and think of celebs as cool, mysterious, enigmas of people- rather than knowing every detail of every single thing. I admit to reading all the celeb braintrash but its now just because something I always do, but I'm done. I'd rather read more interesting braintrash. Like blogs. And books. Or maybe do my homework.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x