Wednesday, October 01, 2008

goody two shoes

I cannot for the life of me break a rule knowingly. It's entirely possible I'm the world's most law-abiding citizen. When crossing the road, I walk for miles to find a zebra crossing or lights. Any music I download is paid for on iTunes. Someone hands me too much change, I count it and hand it right back.

I'm also mortally offended if I see others knowingly flaunting the law. Couples who eat at a hotel's buffet breakfast - loading up on the bacon and eggs, then paying at the cashier and saying "oh, just a cold buffet for one," while the partner sneaks out on the end of another party's line.

Like now, I'm writing this at work - AT WORK. However, I'm on my lunchbreak, I thought you'd miss me, and I'm not doing anything that jepardises my job. Not like an editor I worked for who'd sit at her desk furiously typing away at freelance articles for other mags, or her first novel (rude!). See, I'm justifying my behaviour because it's for others. For you. Now, where's my gold star?

3 comments:

  1. Sending you a internet Gold Star!
    I am in the "goody two shoe club" too.

    I know if I did something I would be the one caught out! Plus , I am too 'chicken' . LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw bless! Thanks for the star. And yep, I'm sure that the fear-factor is just one of the reason's I'm so law-abiding. I did shoplift a purple nailpolish on a dare as a teen and felt sick for weeks, hid it at the back of a drawer, then threw it away and went and slid $2 under the chemist's door one weekend. I felt better then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know if I regularly broke laws I would get caught too. I doubt that even if I was assured that I wouldn't get caught, that I would be tempted- I really highly doubt it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x