Thursday, October 30, 2008

all hallows eve


We don't do a large-scale Halloween in Aus. It's getting more popular, but many still bah humbug it as an event. But the old goth in me LOVES it. So imagine my delight at being invited to a Halloween party tomorrow night. It's a couple of families, there's going to be hotdogs and severed fingers and eyeballs (lollies, of course) for the kids, followed by trick or treating in the well-versed street. My daughter and her dear friend are dressing as black cats, while I'm popping a witch's hat to cover my witch's mane! I'm making teeny cupcakes to take along - half decorated in orange icing with little black spiderwebs and a black spider atop, the other half iced in ghoulish green with little ghosts I'm intending on shaping from flattened marshmallows. Cute!

The drinks? Has to be Death in the Afternoon - the absinthe/champagne cocktail discussed in an earlier post. They'll go perfectly with my black fingernails. Mwaaaah ha haaaaa...

2 comments:

  1. These are the cocktails I have chosen for my Halloween Vampire Blood Bath Movie Fest:

    Vampire's Kiss:
    1.5 oz vanilla vodka
    1.5 oz black raspberry liquor (or vodka)
    2 oz. Black Cherry Soda or Pomegranate Juice
    Shake liquors in cocktail shaker till the outside is very cold. Strain into chilled glass, top with juice/soda. Garnished with a slice of blood orange

    Bloody Martini

    1-1/2 ounces pepper-flavored vodka.
    1 ounce plain vodka.
    2 ounces tomato water.
    Pinch of celery seed.
    Lemon twist.

    Combine both vodkas, the tomato water, and celery seed in a cocktail shaker two-thirds full of ice. Shake until well chilled. Strain the mixture into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with the lemon twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! It's only 8.32am and I feel like one of those before the school run! Have a fabulous Halloween. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x