Monday, March 25, 2013

meal planning monday


Helolo everyone, welcome to another meal planning session. (ps: helolo is how the cool kids are saying hello - sounds super-friendly non?) Here's what we're eating this week:

Monday: I have a friend up from Sydney tonight so I'll make paella for dinner. As I have netball training from 5.30 to 6.30 I'll sauté the chicken and chorizo and make the sofrito beforehand. Here's the recipe I'll (loosely) follow.

Tuesday: My mum and step-dad are calling in on their way up to Queensland for a Kombi get-together. Best make a nice, nourishing vegetarian meal for them. How's a roasted vegie frittata with lots of salad sound? Good?

Wednesday: panko crumbed pork chops and apple sauce, with salad.

Thursday: Hopefully we're going up to check out Oz The Great And Powerful at Movies in the Vineyards tonight. So we'll take a picnic dinner along.

Friday: Good Friday, so hey, we've gotta do fish. But maybe thai fish cakes with salad.

Saturday: 7 hour leg of lamb. With lentils, and roasted veg.

Sunday: Roast chicken and salad.

And that's it. You?

ps; the pic's from housetohome.co.uk - loving the colander light fittings!

French word of the day: égouttoir (ay-gou-twah) colander.

4 comments:

  1. Those light fittings...I think I've seen everything now!!! Your menu as per usual is fantastic. Love to have the recipe for the 7 hour leg of lamb. I think I prefer the way we say colander. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, YUM!

    And PPMJ, you're always up with the cool kids! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone recently told me that they were feeling really SWELL! I just loved that one too. An oldie but a goody! G.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh please tell me more about your parents kombi adventure it sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x