Wednesday, March 20, 2013

life can be sweet and sour


What are your thoughts on the combination of savoury and sweet. I'm just asking because see those three little cupcakes all in a row? They're bacon maple pancake cupcakes.

I know.

Bacon.

On a cupcake.

And it's a little mouthful of heaven.

Seriously.

They're only available at Cupcake Espresso on Mondays and Tuesdays and I think they're something that everyone has to try once.

If you don't live in Newcastle perhaps you should come here for a holiday.

And a cupcake.

ps: They're bringing out Golden Gaytime cupcakes next. I know. I squealed.

pps: the bacon is candied and if you close your eyes, those cupcakes totally taste like a pancake. A great, big, fat American hotcake. If you come to Newy I'll come with to have a cupcake. I'm unselfish like that.

ppps: the other cupcakes in the pic? Well, since you asked, Lemon Meringue, Apple Pie and Vanilla.

9 comments:

  1. I so want to try that, I don't think they'll be making them in Dubai anytime soon. Turkey bacon just wouldn't be the same. I've always been partial to the sweet/savoury combo.
    As for a Golden Gaytime cupcake, well that's just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing Corinne - quite the taste sensation!

      Delete
  2. Oh stop it PPMJ....it's not fair on one who can't eat those beautiful foodstuffs. I just sit here and pretend and have to be content with that. They do look delightful though and I really can almost taste them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's best to just enjoy them in your imagination Mimsie - they're very, very rich.

      Delete
  3. Caramel and salt of any kind? Yes please, and yes I could definitely give those cupcakes a whirl, and thank you, I now how dragged the sweet and sour theme song from the depths of my forgotten memories and I can't get rid of it!!! One day the wind blows hot and collddd......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to share a good earworm, and I am also quite the fan of caramel and salt. MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.

      Delete
  4. I know where I'm heading on Monday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golden Gaytimes go on-sale from tomorrow. I have a coffee date with a friend at 9am!

      Delete
  5. Golden Gaytime cupcakes O - M - G unbelievably yum!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x