Saturday, March 09, 2013

how sweet it is


Look at this. I ate this yesterday. After my lunch of corn fritters. Decadent non? But I had to celebrate chefs who take the time to handcraft goodies like this each day. It's from Cafe Mason, the teeny little cafe next to the hatted Restaurant Mason - remember those chefs from my last Underground Epicureans adventure?

It was the latest destination on my friday lunch adventures with my friend A. We're doing our best to try out every cafe in Newcastle's inner city and surrounds, tough job, but we like a challenge.

We also like a laugh, which is one of my most treasured aspects in a friend. If I can laugh well with you - you're a friend indeed.

I've been thinking lately how blessed I've been to find fabulous friends in real life and now on social media. My close friends from Twitter are like some special, shiny gift that I really can't believe I'm entitled to - but hug close to myself in sheer joy. Finding people that you just click with can be tough, but when you do - oh, you should treasure them.

I've found friends to laugh with, to share films with, to bond over books with, to dance with, to drink in wine bars with and just to share one-liner jokes on Twitter with {and sometimes those lines contain no words - just emojis}.

I'm feeling spoiled. I have a lovely husband, gorgeous daughter, pretty house, live in the best city in Australia and have friends who sparkle like diamonds.

Life's sweet isn't it?

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post to have the privelege to read, PPMJ. Your gratitude for all you've got is just so wonderful. You deserve all your good fortune and many, many good friendships. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying that tart right now!!! Delicious and those strawberries - red right through. Thanks for sharing it.
    Like you I am grateful for what I have ..(unfortunately most of my friends have passed on from this life).. my life, my husband and my family, my blogging friends plus wonderful friends on Facebook. I won't dispute you are living in the best city in Australia albeit to say I think Perth is pretty special too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your joy just jumps off my screen. So wonderful! I love the way you live your life, you're an inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The food, the emotion, the friendships you describe & you! xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x