Wednesday, December 09, 2009

what a wonder

I've got a lot to get done this week, so I shall be channelling Wonder Woman I think. Lists are made, coffee is consumed, plans are in action - all I need to do is buckle down and get on with it.

I'm taking my mum and step-dad to the airport this afternoon. I'll miss their company a lot, but boy, will I miss what they've done for us. Alan paved the area all around the side of the house, extended the back veranda, made gates for the pool equipment room, fixed the leaky toilet and performed dozens of other teeny jobs.

Mum spent time with my gal, taking her to and from school, and has cleaned my house like it hasn't been cleaned for quite some time. She's done washing, made beds, washed up, packed away the diswasher... Hopefully, if we don't breathe too hard it'll stay clean until Christmas...

Last night we had an early Christmas and birthday and our gal got her pressies from her grandparents. She was utterly delighted with them all, but the one that brought the most bliss was a gorgeous cloth doll. She smiled, hugged her to death and said "I've wanted one of these for years!" I'm so glad that at almost 10 she's still a girl that loves make-believe and to play with her toys. Luckily she has friends that are the same - with parents who also believe in children having a childhood. They grow up so quickly it's nice to let them enjoy being a kid for as long as possible.

2 comments:

  1. My daughter is 10 and I'm so happy that she can still play with toys and enjoy being a kid.

    Her and her best friend invent the craziest games that last for days with Littlest Pet Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got to be happy with that haven't you? My daughter creates complicated mermaid tales out in the poo. V cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x