Tuesday, December 01, 2009

take me away...

As a wee lass I was utterly besotted with Nancy Drew. I'm quite sure that I read absolutely every single one of her adventures - and some more than once.

She was a rather dashing heroine - with a lively bunch of buddies and always had the coolest adventures. Oh, and she had titian locks - I'm a HUGE lover of titian locks {let me tell you, should I actually have titian locks I'd find a way to weave that into every conversation...}

I'm feeling the urge to revisit - but the new paperback versions don't have the same appeal at these vintage hardcover numbers. Oh, if only I'd held onto my old book collections. Guess I'll now have to start collecting these for my gal - her 10th birthday could be the ideal age of introduction to Miss Nancy...

4 comments:

  1. Dyed my hair titian as a teenager...well thats what the box said anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you look fabulous? If it weren't for my olive skin I'd go red in an instant - but oh, olive and red are two contrasting colours that just won't do it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I collect vintage Nancy Drews.......... My heart is titan blonde.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh jealous Sara Rose. I think these need to be my next collection. Starting now...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x