Sunday, December 06, 2009

vegie delights

I didn't end up following the recipe for corn and capsicum burritos yesterday - I made up my own. And, yum, it was good. So I don't forget, here's the recipe-ish:

4 cobs of corn, kernals removed
1/2 large spanish onion, finely diced
one red capsicum, roasted and skin removed, and then diced
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves and stems
jalepenos, to taste
2 tablespoons fresh tomato sauce (or pasta sauce)
1 lime, juice and zest
salt and pepper

Stand the corn cobs on their end and use a sharp knife to take all the kernals off as close to the core as possible. Then toss them in a bowl and combine them with all the other ingredients.

Then, use them to fill a burrito, placing a bit of grated cheese down the centre, and some strips of proscuitto or jamon for non-vegies who need their meat. Roll up and toast in a sandwich press till golden and then serve with guacamole, sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.

Now, I'm not a corn fan, but fresh, raw corn kernals are not only tasty - they're soft enough to chew. Delish. My mum's also not keen on corn, but she loved the taste too. Husband and step-dad {corn lovers} were in raptures.

Go on, try it sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x