Monday, December 28, 2009

tapas time



We have the british relatives coming to stay with us for a few days from tomorrow - so I'm busy devising menus. My sister-in-law only eats chicken and fish, brother-in-law is an extremely omnivorous soul, niece one only really eats meat and niece two really only eats vegetables and fruit {and PUDDING!}.

So, the nieces could conceivably share a meal, bro-in-law will eat what we're having, while I'll be thinking of white-fleshed dishes for sis-in-law. Tomorrow night I'll do a bbq - with a few interesting salads and some bread. Wednesday night is our gal's birthday so we're all headed out to a restaurant for dinner. Easy. Thursday night's New Years Eve so I thought I'd do tapas.

So far on the list I've got:
Garlic prawns
Lime and pepper squid
Fried haloumi with lemon and chilli
Sauteed chorizo
Potato, onion and capsicum tortilla
Lamb meatballs with spicy tomato dipping sauce

Of course there'll be olives, bread and dips.

And something sweet to follow - little lemon tarts perhaps?

Oh, and did I mention champagne?

Also, my husband has indulged his inner-bloke and there's a Heineken keg in the bar fridge in the pavilion.

Fun is bound to be had by all...

6 comments:

  1. Ummmm when does my invite arrive?? I want to be a guest at your place! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum...what time did you say the festivities begin :)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6pm all the way till after midnight Frannie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. God.

    Those tapas look divine!

    I think tapas on NYE is the way foward, now to find someone to come help me eat them!

    STxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sparkly Tiara - I haven't seen or heard from you in ages {and thought about you last night while watching The Mighty Boosh!}

    Tapas are really the only way to go I reckon...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x