Tuesday, December 29, 2009

blog business

I've mentioned before that I've found my blog handy for recipe filing and it's been a big help. As I've mentioned, we've got the relatives coming to stay today and I'd planned on a bbq for dinner tonight - but last night they went to my other sister-in-law's and had a bbq there, and I'm not a fan of doubling up.

So my husband suggested coq au vin and a complete french theme, which I got very excited about - until I realised that sister-in-law doesn't eat bacon in any form {I know! What is she missing}. Well obviously I can't make coq au vin without my lardons, so it was back to popping on the thinking cap.

Then I remembered Ina Garten's chicken pot pies - magically delicious little numbers that'll suit everyone - but then I remembered that I'd tweaked it. Luckily I did blog about it so I had to search through my archives to find it {thankfully I'd titled it damn fine chicken pot pie so it wasn't too hard to find...}

Is there an easy way in blogger to group topics? I'd love to do that with my recipes. Maybe my new year's resolution could be to become a touch more technically adept.

I'm making creme brullee for pudding - very excited to create this in my kitchen aid. My cream beauty had its first workout yesterday whipping up a rather delish chocolate cake and my word, does it make life easier. I can't wait to whip up the angel food cake and white frosting tomorrow. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that Angel food cake! Delish! I had my first ever crack at Pavlova yesterday...and twas a disaster! I think I needed a kitchen aid to aid my pav...oh well. Can't wait to see some snaps of the finished product. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Good to hear that you had a great xmas and are enjoying the festive season entertaining family! The chicken pot pies sound lovely!

    Re grouping topics, yes there is a way to do it. Click "Edit Posts". then click on the post you want to edit. You will see a field called "labels for this post". Type out each label separated by a comma. Click save. do this for each post. A list of subject headings containing your posts should display in your blog. Hope this helps! Please email me if you need any more help.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x