Thursday, December 03, 2009

pasta primavera


We had a rather delish pasta dish last night - all fresh and filled with the season's produce. Firstly, I took some mini roma tomatoes and squooshed them into a bowl - popping and breaking them with my fingers so the juice ran out and they were broken into smaller pieces. I sprinkled this with salt, pepper and dried mint then sliced up some amazing garlic shallots I bought - long green snake-bean like critters with a bitey garlic scent and flavour. Mmmm. On top of this I tore up some amazing cheese - mini buffalo Mozzarella - heavenly mini-morsels of yummyness.

Then I sauteed some yellow zucchini slices and asparagus, left them to cool then tossed all of this through some mini farfalle pasta and lavished plenty of grated grana pandano over the top. Served with olive sourdough and a nice glass of Sauvignon Blanc it was a rather scrumptuous mid-week meal.

4 comments:

  1. That's sounds incredibly yummy. I may have to bogart the idea for one night this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must say, it was heaps of fun popping those little tomatoes! Saw Jamie Oliver do it, so thought I'd best have a go...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x