Friday, September 11, 2009

wisteria's wow factor

My wisteria's nearly completely out - so I thought that rather than just selfishly inhaling its delicate aroma, I'd snap another shot to share with you.

That big ball of foliage is a murraya, and its orange-blossom fleurs are just starting the dot the sphere. To the right of the stairs is a gorgeous gardenia - so as you can imagine, we're surrounded by scents throughout the seasons.

My husband's keen to prune the murraya slightly smaller, so we can have a hedge of lavender around the base which suits me just fine. Lavender grows beautifully in our front yard and seems to flower nearly year-round, so who can complain?

I do have quite a grey and purple theme going on with the house, but don't fret - there's plenty of colour pops. Underneath our baywindow, to the right of the house is the lavender garden with the Graham Thomas rose whose big show-off yellow blooms have just started to burst forth.

Along the front picket fence are alternate roses of pink and red - my all-time favourite combination. All scented, all blowsy, all earning their keep.

Who couldn't love spring when it puts on such a show?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how insanely jealous of your wisteria am I? It's utterly perfect, and I agree the lavender would look fabulous under there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing isn't it? I'm glad the previous owners planted it, I can't say that I'd be bothered with the years of training they require before being blooming perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x