Thursday, September 24, 2009

poorly me

Well, my throat and general malaise hasn't improved over the week so I went to the doctor today, who looked at my throat, frowned, felt my neck - furrowed his brow and asked "Have you had glandular fever?" "Why no!" I responded. "Well I think you have now..."

Typical.

If you're going to get sick, might as well make it something dramatic. My friend, Ms M, was just diagnosed with asthma - in her 30s. 'Splains the cough she'd had for yonks.

Thankfully I work from home, so don't have to wear myself out travelling. Luckily I'm also ahead on my deadlines too. I'm listening to my body and working, then resting, then working, then resting.

Goodness, what a week!

5 comments:

  1. That sux! You Poor thing. Hope it doesn't take too long to get over and you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yuck. I had mono (aka glandular fever) when Eva was two months old and ended up hospitalized for 4 days because I didn't rest enough and made myself worse. So you rest lots! Then rest some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Sara Rose took care of my question. What the hell is glandular fever? Ahhh the cursed mono...

    It's a good excuse for naps though :).

    Hope you feel better.

    Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals. Must say, I'm dead crap at resting, but after moving around for more than a few minutes feels like I've just done four weeks of hard labour...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just won't do! How very dramatic of you...hope you get better VERY soon. Sounds nasty so take it nice and easy. I hear rest is what you need, so take plenty of it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x