Tuesday, September 15, 2009

terrific tuesday

My gal's at a netball gala day for her school today and I've been down to watch the first two games before ducking home to do a phone interview and finish off
a story.

I love what team sports do for a child, I think they're one of the most important things a child can do - particularly for girls. I wrote an article on boosting self-esteem of teenage girls a while back and the research really pointed to how much playing a team sport into their teens can help. Not only does it increase their self-esteem they end up with a much more positive body image.

Luckily my gal loves the game, and she's got me as a role model - a mum who gets tetchy if she misses her own Monday night match. Now that I'm coaching, hopefully that'll inspire my lass to keep playing into her teens. I'll be there guiding, but not pushing, so fingers crossed!

Oh, and that shot's the Australian Diamonds in action - not me! Similar hair though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x