Wednesday, September 02, 2009

and so to bed

I'm not a great sleeper. Ever since having our gal, I've slept lightly, with the slightest sound waking me - and keeping me awake for yonks. Last night I was just so tired I was tempted to go to bed at 7.30 and thought, darn it, maybe I should!

I'd felt sluggish all day, and even though I forced myself to go for a 30 minute walk at 5pm, I still felt erk.

So I forced myself to stay awake till 8.30, read a chapter of my bedtime book and snoozed until 7.45am. Bliss on a stick.

Now I'm refreshed and ready to take on anything.

2 comments:

  1. I find it hard to get to sleep and then can't wake up in the morning. It is killer. Part of it is getting home at 7pm and wanting to do 'fun stuff'. The drawback is the fact that I never get up early enough to exercise which is the key activity missing from my life most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am insanely jealous! I've had 2 nights in a row of horrid insomnia and am feeling kind of hollow and transparent!

    If I had a romantic, peaceful bedroom like the one in the pic you posted perhaps it would be different.

    Glad you had such a fab sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x