Monday, September 21, 2009

monday pretty

How utterly gorgeous is Sophia Loren? Such an exquisite creature... This pic has nothing to do with my post, I just fell in love with it, and her, and just had to share.

Today's all about starting the week with a positive attitude - but let me tell you, my body's doing its utmost to send me spiraling into the grumps. I've got the sore throat from hell: full-on glass gargling agony. It hurts to talk, swallow, and even exist. My voice is also coming and going, handy when I need to finish three pieces this week - and do around five phone interviews...

But I'm going to keep on gargling my betadine throat relief, suck on vapodrops and drink enough water to re-fill my pool and just get on with it.

Today, as I was unloading the dishwasher for the gazzilionth time I made a decision. I'm no longer going to begrudge doing anything that makes my life {or my family or friends' life} better. So, as I'm unpacking that dishwasher I'll be glad that the dishes are clean and ready for the next meal - not mad that I'm packing them away, yet again. I'll water the trees in the planter by the pool and be grateful that they're growing to give us shade and privacy from the neighbours behind us with the world's most enormous house.

It's all about being grateful, gracious and enjoying what's offered up this week.

You?

2 comments:

  1. Good advice! Will try some of that on myself this weeek I think....hope you are feeling better and your retrograde passes quickly? :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x