Wednesday, January 16, 2013

why didn't you tell me...


Hey, how come nobody has ever told me that making your bed every day means it's *almost* like clean sheet day EVERY DAY? How on earth did I seriously get to this age without knowing this? I am loving this making the bed thing sick. It's just such a fabulous way to start the day. I get up, pull all the sheets back to air it, shower and then when I come back into the room, I just straighten the bottom sheet, pull up the top one, fluff the pillows and pull up the doona. Voila. My red rose pillow goes on as a punctuation mark and we are set.

French word of the day: chambre - bedroom. (pronounced: chom - bra - with a rolling r of course).

Honestly, this whole #52 new things is changing my life. I went to Burlesque tonight and threw myself into it. It was fabulous. I have never laughed so much, or enjoyed myself more. Sure, there are quite a few moves I can't do because of my dodgy knee, but the ones I can I totally immersed myself in.

It really is the little things that make a big difference isn't it?

13 comments:

  1. I can't leave the house without the beds being made, it really does make the biggest difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always make the beds, it takes 5 minutes and the reward comes every single night.

    I can see you rocking Burlesque (rocking is probably not the best choice of words for such a sultry dance!). x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love burlesque so much it should probably be illegal (actually, I think some of those moves are...)

      And bloody hell, how good is a made bed and how come it's taken me TILL NOW to work that out?

      Delete
  3. Of course a well made bed is life changing! So glad you are on board x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU of all people should have convinced me. I always thought you were a little nutso with your bedmaking (in a totally affectionate way) - but now, I am ON BOARD - so much so I am the CHAIRMAN OF THAT BOARD.

      Delete
  4. Ah Ms Pink, you make my day brighter. Your energy is infectious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you'll see it again in action next week my lovely. Hope Bar Petite is ready for us x

      Delete
  5. Your punctuation mark is about the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen. What a beautiful bed you have... would be a crime not to make it. Though maybe I need to take a little of my own advice, I am guilty of not making the bed every day, you heard it first PPMJ! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, glad it's not just me. And thank you - the rose is a Laura Ashley pillow - she does the prettiest bed linen. I'm such a white cotton sheet gal, but I do love a floral quilt cover and accent cushions.

      Delete
  6. That bed of yours is fabulous and that pillow....wow! I must admit I don't always make the bed when it has been a very hot, sticky night as I like to pull the sheet and eiderdown right back to let the bed air. I do now though make the bed after cooler nights so that one resolution of yours has stuck with me. AND I am putting the washing away instead of leaving in the basket for a couple of days. AND as quickly as possible ridding myself of unwanted articles we've had for years. Yay, what would I do without you and your good intentions? Thank you PPMJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh YAY! I am so happy that you're instituting some good habits - that's wonderful news. x

      Delete
  7. Love that pillow, should have realised it was Laura Ashley. My quilt is LA and needs replacing (sob), it is cornflower blue with embroidered white daisies, but it's fading. Must check out what else she has, will need to be something special to replace my old favourite.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x