Wednesday, January 16, 2013

a touch of green


I think that my window boxes with herbs on my kitchen window sill are one of my favourite things. Is there anything better than just pulling up the window and grabbing a handful of fresh, green, tastiness to throw in your dinner?

My fave's thyme, I'll cook everything with it - but I've taken to adding fresh herbs such as coriander, chives, mint and parsley to salads. YUM! I feel a bit earth mother every time I add something I've grown to a meal that I'm cooking.

French word of the day: frais - meaning fresh.

What's your favourite herb and how do you like using it?

5 comments:

  1. My number one, absolute favourite herb is dill. I adore it. Stir a little through some mayo and dollop on smoked trout or salmon on a slice of bready goodness and you have yourself a mouth party.
    I also love it in a quiche.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, dill. Thank you. I'm going to plant out the vegie garden with some new herbs soon, and dill is so pretty.

      Delete
  2. Ah! You just inspired me to make a roast pumpkin, thyme and goat's cheese quiche for dinner. Mmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had a window box but I'd have to go outside to gather the herbs as we have a fly screen/security screen on the kitchen window. Rosemary is popular in our kitchen as well as parsley and..oh lots of different herbs for different purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to choose just one? I love basill for its versatility, I love rosemary because I love lamb and can you really have one without the other? And lately I'm loving coriander chopped through my salad.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x