Wednesday, January 23, 2013

new habits



So, apparently it takes three weeks to make a new habit. In which case - woo, hoo, HOO I am now a bed maker. Yep, three weeks into #52NewThings and my bed has been made EVERY SINGLE DAY! That's an achievement worth shouting about.

I've done a few more things too:

13: catch up with friends in real life - hey, you've seen my meal-planning posts, I'm catching up with friends A LOT. And it's awesome. I have fabulous friends.

27: weed out my magazine collection. Yep, the mags in the living room have been thinned by about 1/4. That's impressive (shhh, don't tell anyone that there'd be way over 100 there - home decorating mags mostly...)

42: flirt more with my husband. This is simple - he's a spunk.

And the other things from the past weeks too. Washing? Still being put away. New recipes? Attempted. This is the best thing I've done.

And there's more to come.

French word of the day: peut etre - perhaps, maybe

I love that word - I love the promise. It seems mischievous, flirtatious. Don't you think?

image from housetohome.co.uk


4 comments:

  1. I'm a bed maker. I can't relax until beds are made, especially ours. I feel like no matter how tidy the house is, if the bed isn't done none of it matters. It's actually the first thing Joel and I do. We make it as soon as we get out of it.

    I laughed at the 'meet up with friends' one. I have noticed before in your menu plans that you're a social butterfly. :) You have more nights out than anyone I know, you lucky thing.

    How do you pronounce your french word? I'm not sure on this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making the bed is a wonderful feeling, you go lady, you are going great guns.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x