Monday, January 28, 2013

meal planning monday


Okay, this week I'm not even going to say "Oh, I've got a busy week this week," because I'm sure you'll just say "Duh, PPMJ, when DON'T you - you gadabout you." So here's what we're eating. Not that meal above which was a delightful lunch of pork rillettes from III Bean at Hamilton - but it's inspiring me. Read on to find out why:

Monday: tonight I'm off to the movies to see Silver Linings Playbook with friends. It's an early session, so we'll have an early dinner of thai chicken breast salad. I'll marinate the chicken breasts in chilli jam after flattening them with a meat mallet to about 1cm thick. Then I'll grill these on the bbq and slice on the diagonal and toss through salad leaves.

Tuesday: I have burlesque tonight - a class I'm falling deeper, and deeper in love with each week. I'll make spaghetti bolognaise for dinner tonight as it's simple and reheats well.

Wednesday: nothing on tonight. Woo hoo! I'll make a thai beef salad tonight. Rump steak grilled and sliced on the diagonal tossed through leaves with lots of mint. YUM!

Thursday: it's netball registration night tonight, so I have to be at the club to help get everything sorted. Eep. Fritatta and salad for dinner tonight.

Friday: hubby and I are off with friends to another Underground Epicureans dinner. The chef this time is from the hatted Bistro Mason - no idea where it's being held. Shall fill you in later.

Saturday: I'm off to a friend from work's hen's party. It's Thai-themed so shall be heaps of fun. Hubby and daughter can fire up the bbq.

Sunday: I should make something new this week. Hmmm, what shall it be? Shall consult recipe book and let you know later in the week.

And that's it. Now, as for how that meal above is inspiring me - it's showing me how to plate up a salad and make it look magical. It's all about the accessorising! Let me know what you're eating this week.

Whoopsies, forgot the French Word of the Day. Here tis: entierement (on-ti-er-i-mon) - completely. Oooh, so I could say J'taime entieremont - I love you completely. Bless.

3 comments:

  1. As always your meal plan sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm a little nervous. Am testing out sticky beef ribs and butter beans in the slow cooker. Always done them in the oven before, but there's a swimming lessons run at 5pm

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you Underground!
    Sounds busy, but delicious (as usual)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x