Sunday, January 20, 2013

we fade to grey


It's funny, grey's my favourite colour - except when it comes to skies. Last night my friend C and I treked up the very steep hill to Nobby's Lighthouse where we sat and had a fabulous picnic dinner under the clouds - that opened just before the film was due to start. The organisers very smartly called off the film, which we'll now see next week, as that rain set in all night.

But we got to see some awesome things. For example, as we were walking along we saw a dolphin diving through the waves off Nobby's beach. And then, while we were picnicing we saw a bulk carrier helped into port by a couple of cute tugs. It's a fabulous perspective of Newcastle atop Nobby's Lighthouse - I can't believe I've never been up there before, particularly as it's open most Sundays.

If you're in Newy and you get a chance, get up there.

French word of the day: gris (gree) - grey.

Enjoy your Sunday.

8 comments:

  1. It may be grey but is is very beautiful. You've had rain? How wonderful. Worth missing out on the film just to have the rain. Your French word of the day made me realise where the word verdigris must originate although it is a more greenish colour. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden is just lapping up the rain Mimsie - and I agree, I can see the film last week.

      And yes! That makes such sense re: verdigris (a colour I LOVE!).

      Hope you're enjoying your weekend x

      Delete
  2. It was lovely up there, and we get to do it again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely rain, let it pour and put these fires out everywhere. It sounds like a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, you can't bemoan rain after all this heat and those terrible fires. We did still have a fabulous time even without the film.

      Delete
  4. Newcastle is full of wonderful places to visit. Great photo. XT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and so many different perspectives too. Love it!

      Delete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x