Wednesday, January 02, 2013

and... we're back to normal


Well, back to work today. I've had a blissful few weeks off over Christmas, and, thankfully, there was enough fabulous weather to enjoy the pool with my family. Bliss. So, now for today's French Word for the Day:

le boulot (boo - lo) work, the daily grind.

Now, while I'm headed back to work I'm doing so with a new spring in my step. I've started doing some of my #52newthings and feel so much lighter and better organised. Simply starting the day with making the bed just makes me feel more organised and makes the house look tidier in an instant. I've also been forcing myself to put away the washing as soon as I bring it in (it's nearly KILLED me, but it's already starting to feel like a habit).

I've also gone through a few cookbooks to find some new recipes to try - so when I get back to meal planning next week expect to see something new. I also whipped up a couple of new salads last night, well, they're more salsas, but I served them as a salad. I made a fresh corn, red onion, avocado, capsicum and coriander salad - and a mango, coriander, red onion and lime salad. DIVINE! So light, fresh and delicious served alongside a grilled steak.

Enjoy your day! What new thing are you trying today?

ps: that pic's from Au Nom De La Rose in The Marais in Paris. I've written about it before, it's a story wholly devoted to roses. Going to work there wouldn't be a daily grind would it?


7 comments:

  1. mmm those salads sound perfect :D
    le boulet, great word for the day. the daily grind it is.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, my laundry is chaotic, piles of folding, washing to be folded etc, today I resolve to try snd clean it up somewhat. Yesterday I fixed my loathes line, something I was hoping my husband would o but then I thought I'd give it a try, feeling very proud, even though dd tweaked it just a little. But my brand new thing today, bby girl is starting solids......sad sad day for me as my last baby grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to be better organised this year. Time management seems to be my problem, so i'll be working on that. The salads sound delicious. xT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love that picture. I am hoping to try to learn some French this year. Not over-the-top serious. And alas, no trips in the near future. But I've always wanted to learn and decided I could give it a go. Downloaded a Pimsleur Course and shall see what happens. :) So your word of the day - awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picture! I can almost smell those blooms!
    I'm at a point where I want to do something new - not sure what. Perhaps work, perhaps do some volunteer work, create a new blog or revamp the current one. After months of focusing on moving here, setting up, having visitors I have a long 7 months ahead before our visit home to fill with something other than the day-to-day. So my mind is tick, tick, ticking. I'll let you know when I find out what that is! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture is a sheer delight. There is something about roses isn't there? I am fortunate that I no longer have a daily grind as I retired way back in 1986 and I have to be honest and admit I've not yet got into doing the things from your list I said I would do. I have an excuse though...it has been sooo hot and then there was new year and today has been busy but perhaps tomorrow? Who knows. My French phrase for today....Une merveilleuse journee (a wonderful day). No accents on my computer unfortunately!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Back to Work Day! I'm also celebrating this!!!!! Enjoy 2013 x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x