Friday, January 04, 2013

fabulous friday


image from housetohome.co.uk


Well hello! You may have noticed that I've change the title and theme of Friday's post. You see, I was getting lazy and in a rut with Flowers For Friday, so, I thought if I mixed it up I'd make it fresher. And, don't worry, it'll still be as pretty. Which, naturally, leads to my French word for the day.

Ready?

Fabuleux (fa-bju-low) - fabulous! This is one of my fave English words - so it might as well be one of my new fave french ones. So yes, this friday shall be FABULEUX! Non?

This weekend's busy (quelle surprise). On Saturday I'm off to a fabuleux harbourside lunch with some twitter friends - old and new! Yay! Then, that night, I'm off to my sister-in-law's birthday party. It's a big one, so it's a masquerade party - hurrah for dress ups! I'll also get to wear my fabuleux new black, lace, stretchy dress. Love a chance to frock up!

Sunday night/afternoon we're having friends around for duck and champagne. My friend's sister is coming along, she's over from Germany, and she's vegetarian so I'll prepare some kind of tartlet for her main (oooh, new recipe for my #52newthings). And lots of delish salads to accompany the duck I think - perhaps one with nectarines? Summery weekends with friends and family. Who could ask for anything more?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a Fabuelux weekend, and a goregous new little lacy black dress as well - who could ask for more.

    Enjoy to the fullest xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fabuelux! What about a glorious tomato tarte tatin to go with the duck....
    ginger works beautifully with nectarine for a salad too!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely does sound Fabuleux!
    Except for the cooking bit (I'm no chef).
    Enjoy the party!
    Happy New Year
    Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x