Monday, January 07, 2013

meal planning monday


Wow, my first full-week back at work, so best get back into planning. See that fabulous dish above? That was what my friend S and I tucked into at The Opera Bar pre-Morrissey. Yep, one each. It was only after ordering that we realised that it was a bit naughty to order such a meaty dish before seeing pro-Vegetarian Mozza. But damn, it was delish.

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Monday: after last night's duck and champagne excess we need cleansing. A shredded chicken salad will do. I'll finely slice an array of vegies (carrot, red cabbage, lettuce, zucchini, capsicum, green shallots) and add some fresh corn and diced avocado. I'll then shred up a bbq chicken and toss it through with a vietnamese dressing. Top it with toasted sesame seeds for zing.

Tuesday: here's the first of my new recipes. An easy-peasy Nigella one: Greek lamb chops with lemon and potatoes.

Wednesday: my gal's at a sleepover, so it's just hubby and I. Steak on the bbq with a green salad will do. Hope I can find some watercress somewhere - love that stuff.

Thursday: we are eating more fish this year - honestly. Fish on the bbq tonight. With a salad.

Friday: hubby's catching up with friends for drinks tonight so I'm guessing he'll be eating out. Just the gal and I. We might treat ourselves to Guzman y Gomez takeaway - the chipotle pork burrito is divine.

Saturday: I'm out with old school friends for a catch-up. Hubby and my gal can cook some steak on the bbq for their dinner while I have a pub meal.

Sunday: Prawn and chorizo kebabs will go down a treat. With a green salad topped with haloumi - oh my!

And that's it. One week sorted. Woo hoo! Are you meal planning this year? Go on, it's easy!

2 comments:

  1. Yes I most definitely am, love you plan for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's been a while since i posted one, but i'm in!
    give me half an hour ha ha!

    ps. your meal plan, drooooooool!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x