Wednesday, March 17, 2010

wacky wednesday

I'm pretty sure that my head is now completely bamboozled thanks to Saturday's dedicated to all things broken {my daughter's arm} and yesterday's Big Day Out in Sydney {without the bands, fresh lemonade or cheese on a stick - damn!}.

So now I'm trying to get myself settled back into life. My gal's had her fibreglass plaster installed - in white so we can paint it pale pink and gold {must buy paint and brushes} and I'm getting into work before preparing for my first-ever netball training session this afternoon. Of course, my gal isn't going to get terribly involved, but luckily I'd already worked out a little 'getting to know you' session where I'll team up pairs of girls who've never met to ask each other a few questions and then share what they've learned about the team.

I also have to prepare a meal tonight for a school mum who's broken her leg and her child as part of the school's care group. Various families have been asked to drop off a meal which is such a lovely idea. I'm going to make spanish chicken and a salad - how's that sound?

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your girls break :( but the plaster painting session sounds like it's going to be slot of fun :) . The meal sounds delicious and what a wonderful idea of the school to come up for the families to help each other out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen, yes, the care group at school is such a good idea. Well organised and makes life so much easier for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! You're back. All is now right with the world. Great idea to help out that lady and the dinner sounds fabuloso! Enjoy the painting and training :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Beth - most of me is back... head's somewhere else at the moment though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet are you!
    That's such a nice idea.
    Broken bones aren't so bad, she'll be the hit of the school with a pink & gold cast! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x