Thursday, March 18, 2010

autumn tones

There's a decided chill in the air this morning. It was only 15 degrees at 8am, after a still-steamy night. But the turn in the weather's got me itching for cool-weather clothing. Opaque stockings, leather jacket, a foofy skirt and these Alexander Wang boots would make the perfect street-smart winter look. I'm pretty sure that whatever needed doing would be done so much better in these fabulous booties.

I woke without a voice this morning. The sore throat that's been threatening has finally decided to come and hang out. Lots of coughing and throat clearing later means I now have a bit of a croak - handy as I have to do two phone interviews today...

It's also open day at my daughter's school - so I need to duck over there at lunchtime. And also find some time for my French homework which I have not progressed past gazing dumbly at.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better soon. It must be the change of season but everybody in my house is sick as well. It's interesting that the head cold that I had became much more serious when my partner caught it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki, and yep, a cold ALWAYS turns into Man Flu doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the winter clothes. Yesterday I found THE jacket that I need for the winter only prob is the price. Surely a good winter jacklet won't date will it? That's what I will be going with at least...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, good winter jackets will never date- and you can always update the buttons or add a brooch in a few years! Now it's 27 degrees and my chosen outfit for french class will be way too stuffy. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I've told my husband that the only reason I won't be able to live in Darwin forever (and I haven't even been here for a year!) is because I can't imagine never wearing opaque stockings again. it's been a lifelong obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My feet hurt just looking at those boots, but I can totally see them styled up the way you're thinking. But resist. It's never good to peak early with the warm clothes. Just makes life sweaty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little Miss Moi - I do adore opaques and am with you on the life-long-obsession thing.

    LifeInAPinkFibro - I am resisting - just... So much so that I'd go for a swim today if it wouldn't make daughter and her cast-escased arm sad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am having such a hard time getting into the "prairie boots gone couture thing." But those COULD work to reset my thinking.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x