Tuesday, March 23, 2010

simple suppers

Don't you just love an easy meal? The other night my gal was at a sleepover, my husband wanted a man-sized t-bone and vegies and I didn't know what I was in the mood for. Luckily my fridge, garden and pantry offered up a tin of tuna, linguine, garlic, lemons, parsley, chillies and tomatoes. So I quickly sauteed the chilli and garlic in a touch of oil while the pasta boiled, then I added the tin of tuna {broken up with a fork}, next went the tomatoes, olives and a bit of lemon zest. All were quickly tossed together with a bit of chopped flat leaf parsley and lots of black pepper and washed down with a glass of rosé. Yummikins!

7 comments:

  1. Yum. I have one of those nights tonight: a please myself night for a simple supper...I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly Lucy, isn't it great when you only have to think of what you need?

    ReplyDelete
  3. as much as I love to bake..cooking is a totally different thing, I like a quick and easy meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Cathie, gotta love a sauce that's delicious and takes only as long as pasta to cook!

    Corinne, oh it was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had tuna on Burgen bread with low fat cheese, all grilled and toasted. No way would lovely husband ever want that, LOL! (It was delish!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a while since I've visited but I am glad I did today as that lovely dinner looks very scrumptious and I've just decided to make it tonight sans tuna.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed. A simple meal around here involves toast and vegemite. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x