Tuesday, March 09, 2010

afternoon delights

I think I'm suffering a little post-Oscars-funk today. I'm still excited that a female director took out the Best Director category for the first time ever on International Women's Day {go girl power!} and the Oscar-wrap-up over at Lainey Gossip was superb. But I think that the fact that the Award Season has wrapped for another year is indicative of how quickly time is zooming by.

It's the final week of Celebrity MasterChef on Lifestyle Food, and oh, I'm utterly addicted. The final three are all mighty talented chefs but my fave is just a creative freak {meaning freak in a good way of course}. Last night they created a high tea at a Michelin Starred London restaurant and then afterwards were required to be inspired and create a trio of desserts.

My fave, Steve, created a plate inspired by childhood lolly shop favourites - including a pepper sherbet served in a torn brown paper bag. Raspberry lollypops on Vanilla pod sticks, wine jellys {including a basil jelly that had the judges in raptures} and an amazing banana marshmallow creation highlighted his inventiveness, playfulness and extraordinary grasp of culinary creativeness. While I'm happy for any of the three to win, I'm hoping that this exceptional talent prevails. And that he opens a restaurant in time for me to visit next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x