Friday, June 12, 2009

oh fair lady

Despite still being on the plan which allows us to view every single Foxtel channel {for an exorbitant sum mind, not out of the goodness of their teeny black hearts...}, we tend to stick to a few favourites. Well, last night, due to a dearth of anything on my usual channels I stepped outside my comfort zones and watched a biography of Audrey Hepburn. I've always been enchanted by her, have watched most of her films, and could just drown in those gorgeous eyes. Which was why I was astonished to hear that she described her face as "a square, with tiny, little eyes". What? Those enormous doe eyes above? Sure, she has the most exquisite eye make-up, but small, square? Pardon? 

People never see us the way we imagine ourselves do they?

2 comments:

  1. I've always been self-conscious of my smile. People say they love it best. I've also been self-conscious of having a large forehead and a crooked nose. Funny that instead of allowing myself a mop of hair to hide behind, I just cut it all off constantly and sort of force myself to deal with those issues daily.

    I sometimes wonder if stars and iconically good looking people are far more insecure than the rest of us and whether this drives the perfection factor even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent years trying to cover my forehead with a curly fringe, always standing with my back to any wind, then I realised it was what made my face mine.

    You know who I actually feel for? Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Anniston who must be the two most airbrushed stars - their chins never look the same from cover to cover. How on earth could you maintain any sense of self-confidence in the face of that {apart from everything else mind - reckon Reese is pretty confident, but between the chin and the constant baby bump watch...}

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x