Tuesday, June 23, 2009

finally tagged




It's really simple. I love how every photo tells a story. Some short stories, some long tales. I want to know what is your favourite photo of yourself. Everyone has one. The photo they look at and smile. It reminds them of something, some time, some place. A moment in time.

So share the photo, share the story and then tag three other people. I want to see photos and stories all around the blogosphere.


Chantelle from fatmumslim.blogspot.com tagged me yonks ago - but my technological incompetence stopped me from posting. Damned if I can work out how to post her pretty pic, and text, plus mine - so I chose mine and her text. Get it? Plus, the tag is a doozy. See, I've got a gazzilion fave pics of my daughter, plenty of my hubby, but me? Well, that's a tougher call. I think I first started getting self-conscious about having my picture taken when I was in primary school - and it's persisted. However, a few years ago a friend mentioned something that was a revelation. When she was asked why she always looked fabulous in photos she replied "Because I like having my photo taken" and it's true.


Look at photos of children - they always look beautiful, and totally like themselves because they're just open, honest and happy. They're not standing at the perfect angle, holding their chin up, sucking their tummies in, holding their arms out so they look thinner... Nope, they're just themselves.


Anyway, I finally understood what I had to do just before my 40th birthday party and in every single shot I look happy, and, well, like me. It was also the perfect, perfect party. Everything was decorated in pink and red, I had a digital jukebox so we danced the night away, yummy food and lots and lots of lovely champagne. I was surrounded by so many wonderful friends and laughter is still ringing in my ears. Oh, and on my feet were my new Manolos... Sign


So here's one of my fave photos from that night. I look happy, I'm anticipating the fun that's to be had, and, I look, well, like me. Here goes the blogging anonymity!













1 comment:

  1. You look really happy and like you’re having lots of fun! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x