Monday, June 15, 2009

easier than opening a pack

Call me odd, but I do like making things. The other day, as I had some sausages I knew I wouldn't use, puff pastry in the freezer and kids coming over I whipped up some sausage rolls. It was as simple as slicing a nick in the end of the sausage casing, peeling it off and laying it on a piece of puff pastry I'd sliced in thirds {three chiplatas per row}. Then I rolled them in the pastry and pushed down the edges to seal. A quick baste with plenty of beaten egg and they went in the oven for 15 minutes - a lot quicker than the frozen ones. Plus, if you've got a butcher you trust, using sausages can work out easier than mixing up your own filling. Served with a big bowl of tomato sauce that's some pretty satisfied kids!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yum! I might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you could do a spicy version for adults too {or kids with the right palate!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try making these this weekend- very clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are a favourite in our house - but you let the secret out of how easy they are to make!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x