Wednesday, September 22, 2010

pretty priorities

As you know, I've been cutting back on spending to save for our OS trip next year. I'm finding there's quite a few areas I'm happy to cut back on {homebrand flour - that'd be you} but others, I still need to splurge on. Washing powder's one. Now I already save as I only use half the recommended amount and I still get the washing clean {with sports clothes I throw in half a cup of homebrand white vinegar to get the sweaty smell out}. But I need my washing to smell pretty when I take it from the machine and after I remove it from the line. So I was very excited to spy a Surf powder with jasmine when I was out shopping. Hurrah - jasmine!

Of course it doesn't smell exactly like all the blooms on my side fence, but boy it smells pretty. This morning I woke to sheets that smelled like flowers and sunshine {hey Kakka} and wow, did they perfume some sweet dreams. It's worth spending a little extra for that.

7 comments:

  1. I agree! You cant scrimp on some things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap! I bought the same washing powder on Monday, it does smell lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bugger! I just bought 2 boxes of another one. Next shop for sure. I mean I NEED that in the country right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some things I can't scrimp on and fabric softener is one of my household weaknesses.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am exactly the same, I used to clog my machine with sweet smelling fabric softener. But I've found a solution... fill up the 'final rinse' container with half water and half white vinegar then add 8 drops of lavender (or jasmine!) oil... no vinegar smell, lovely soft clothes and a beeeeeeeaaaautiful fragrance! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is just divine. So easy and lovely to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I find the perfumed laundered clothes a bit too, well, perfumey? I've found a washing powder I love at a place called enviro chem - comes in massive buckets which lasts for ages. I've also been adding eucalyptus oil in with my nappies which leaves a lovely fresh scent. But I agree with you, the best thing for stains is sunlight - I've marvelled at what's looked ruined when hung out wet, only to be brought in clean. I've just happened upon your blog via maxabella - it's lovely! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x