Wednesday, September 15, 2010

best read

I will always choose a book by its cover, and am normally rewarded when doing so {most recent read: Major Pettigrew's Last Stand = pretty damned fabulous inside and out}. So, imagine the gasps, the whooping, the open-mouthed awe when I spied these Penguin hard cover classics with my little eye. Designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith these books would look fabulous anywhere - and you're doubly rewarded knowing there's a good read betwixt those pretty covers. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm pretty sure Amazon is calling my name, considering that the Aussie dollar's nearly equal with the US again...

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I love these! Sigh. I want them lining my bookshelves, I would feel all educated and fabulous.

    Have I told you lately how much I love popping over here for your bite sized posts of loveliness? Well I do. Love it lots. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit...I'm guilty of choosing books by their covers. If is doesn't speak to me on the outside I know it won't on the inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always judge books by their cover! I've seen these books before and think they are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I've seen Miss Pettigrew's Last Stand about four times in the past week and marveled at the cover. Good to know it's as good inside as out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Melissa, that's so terribly sweet - xx

    Frannie, it's the same with wine - why bother if they haven't bothered?

    PhotoPuddle, sounds like I've got some kindred souls out there x

    Corinne, it's beautiful, such a lovely tale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were $20 at Borders Kotara last week, might still be but they don't have the full set.

    A Middle Eastern collection should have been released in AUS on the 2nd Sep but I haven't gone looking for them as yet.

    New ones being released 28th Sep for AUS and Feb next year.

    Did a post myself if you want to check it out.

    Sandy K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to say that Book Depository is probably cheaper than Amazon as their price is in Aus dollars and includes free shipping worldwide.

    Sandy K

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x